Areas of impact of the IPURD-Sofia
Core eligibility requirement for the submitted to FSUDS urban project ideas is for them to be part of the Integrated Plan for Urban Regeneration and Development of Sofia (IPURD). By letter from 11.12.2012 the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works approved the adopted by the Sofia Municipal Council Areas of impact and their territorial scope pursuant to the IPURD for the period 2014-2020, as follows:
Three main priority areas:
· Area of impact with social characterx – (Northwest/West). Residential areas: Triagalnika, Lev Tolstoi, Svoboda, Nadezhda 1-4, Moderno predgradie, Vrabnitsa 1-2, Obelya 1-2, Razsadnika, Ilinden, Sveta Troica, Fondovi zhilista, Zaharna fabrika, Gevegeliyski, Zapaden park, Krasna polyana 1-3, Fakulteta;
· Area of impact with public functions of high social importance - Main (Center), ). Central urban area together with South Park and Borisovata gradina;
· Area of impact with potential for economic development – (East), SPA Iskar, NPA Slatina, Karo area, BAS, 4km, 7km, 11 km.
Secondary areas of impact:
· Area of impact with social character – (Northeast), Residential areas: Hadzhi Dimitar, Suhata reka, Vasil Levski, Levski V and G, Hristo Botev
· Area of impact with public functions of high social importance – Studentski grad
· Area of impact with potential for economic development – (North), The area behind the Central Railway Station, SPA Voenna rampa, SPA Iliyantsi.
The scope of the areas of impact of the IPURD cannot be changed for at least 10 years after the end date of project “Preparation of Integrated Plan for Urban Regeneration and Development of Sofia”.
© 2016 - 2017 Fund for sustainable urban development
All rights reserved